Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the Marlin 39D today and got a little more history in that it has not been shot since the first time in 1971 when bought. Action is very tight and smooth and really like the carbine feel. The scope needs to be sighted in and will do that when go to the rifle range. Seems much lighter and easier to handle than my 39A. Very happy with it.
Took along the Hipoint 10mm Carbine. Will say it is different but extremely accurate. The steel sights are very difficult for me to see clearly. Am going to put the red dot on next and try it. I had the targets at 25 yards and by the last one was pleased with the results. I did find out that there was noticeable recoil if held tight to my shoulder, which was tight enough to compress the spring in the stock. When let it up as the last target shows, no recoil and kept it on target very easily. Put 100 rounds through it with absolutely no issues. Only drawback is there is only an 8 count magazine available for it. Must say it is easy to go through 100 rounds with the one magazine.
First target 16 rounds at 15 yards, then second target with 84 rounds at 25 yards. Few fyers at 25 yards think was more me than anything else.
thumbnail193.jpg
thumbnai101l.jpg
thumbnai102l.jpg

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Mighty fine shooting there. It’s always satisfying when you obliterate that bullseye. That is a feeling no left wing nut job can understand.

·
Super Moderator
19,532 Posts
I have 4 mags each for all of my HiPoint carbines. Like you said it's easy to go thru 100 rounds with one. I love my 39A.
Please post a photo of yours when you can. We're gun junkies after all.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Hey Jeep,

Good shootin' TEX!

10mm in the "carbine" platform..........plenty of "horsepower"!! :cool:

Later, Mark

·
Registered
24,338 Posts
Good shooting! A fine day at the range indeed!:cool:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Two excellent rifles! The 39D ... pictures please. Can't remember what it looks like. The Hi-Point Carbine ... 10mm is a real good choice. Plenty of horsepower in a light easy to use rifle. Expect it would work fine for medium game. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You know I keep coming back and looking at the pic .. I dont think its any damn uglier than any of the other plastic rifles. Sorry .. I dont see anything sexy in an AR? Shot them really well ... bought a Henry!

I think for giggles and at its price that hipoint is going to hit the Boriqua house!

·
Registered
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know I keep coming back and looking at the pic .. I dont think its any damn uglier than any of the other plastic rifles. Sorry .. I dont see anything sexy in an AR? Shot them really well ... bought a Henry!

I think for giggles and at its price that hipoint is going to hit the Boriqua house!
Must say that this is the first "Plastic" gun since sold off the ARs for my Henrys. This one got my attention as it fit the bill for a 10mm rifle. It is heavy and fun. Good luck getting one.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Picked up the Marlin 39D today and got a little more history in that it has not been shot since the first time in 1971 when bought. Action is very tight and smooth and really like the carbine feel. The scope needs to be sighted in and will do that when go to the rifle range. Seems much lighter and easier to handle than my 39A. Very happy with it.
Took along the Hipoint 10mm Carbine. Will say it is different but extremely accurate. The steel sights are very difficult for me to see clearly. Am going to put the red dot on next and try it. I had the targets at 25 yards and by the last one was pleased with the results. I did find out that there was noticeable recoil if held tight to my shoulder, which was tight enough to compress the spring in the stock. When let it up as the last target shows, no recoil and kept it on target very easily. Put 100 rounds through it with absolutely no issues. Only drawback is there is only an 8 count magazine available for it. Must say it is easy to go through 100 rounds with the one magazine.
First target 16 rounds at 15 yards, then second target with 84 rounds at 25 yards. Few fyers at 25 yards think was more me than anything else.
View attachment 445617
View attachment 445619
View attachment 445621
NICE !!! Great SHOOTING !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts