Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grandson Derek and I went to a 22 Steel shoot after a too long hiatus due to range being closed due to the "virus". Day was sunny and breezy and 71 degrees high. We had 5 stations of 6 steel targets each. We could shoot them any order but the red one was the stop and must be shot last. there were five trial each station with Rifles and Pistols each. Derek shot a Ruger Mark IV Hunter and a Ruger 10-22 while I shot a Ruger MK III 22/45 and a 10-22. We shot Aguilla Extra 22 Longs. A few misfires (ammo had indent just fail to fire) but got us both to deal with it and finish out round with the slight delay. Well Derek got 2nd place in the youths class and I got 2nd place in the Seniors Class and both were in Iron Sight division. We really enjoyed the Camaraderie of getting back together as a group and met a few new people too. Over all a perfect day and about the best way to use 500 rounds of ammo. We had about 30 people attend.

·
Registered
30,038 Posts
Great range report! Always fun to spend time with friends and family while exercising those firearms. Congrats to you and your grandson for some fine shooting. Thanks for sharing.(y)

Reactions: jeepnut and timcolr

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats Rodney. Sounds like a lot of fun and some good shooting.
The second pistol looks like a 22/45 with the replaceable grip panels. Unfortunately, I bought mine before Ruger updated that model, but it is too accurate and reliable to replace.
You are correct Mac and have to agree is accurate and reliable and just fun to shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts