Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the value of mint (not minty, mint!) 1899 M&P walnut stocks. 13129 is in pencil on the right stock.

Also an excellent condition right side plate for a pre war N frame grip adapter. One plate only, no pad or hardware.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Re: Value of 1899 stocks and pre war N frame grip adapter plate

pbslinger,
Welcome...it's good to hear from you. ;)
A photo of those grips would help considerably, as the SCS&W guide lists 'new' examples generally from $ 75 to $ 100.
There are several variations, and we can get closer if we see 'em.
Personally, I believe the published values to be low, especially if a
M-1899 owner has a beautiful gun with damaged grips, and that owner is actively searching for replacements.
As regards the plate from the grip adapter, I don't have a clue as to value.
Again, an owner lacking a sideplate would (obviously) pay good money for a replacement.
Don

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

With regard to the 1899 stocks, I think Don is right.... The listed prices are low.... As this serial number falls inside the US Army Contract serial number block, much depends on if they are marked with the Inspectors initials look for "KSM" .... these are round butt correct? Any you're certain that they are for an 1899 and not for a later 1902 or Round Butt 1905?

I've bought several pairs of early K stocks in the past 3-4 years and none I would say were MINT. I paid in the $100-125 range. The only pair I have ever sold was to a whiner who I just wanted to go away and I banged him $200 which he paid without quibbling because his gun needed a pair.

Serial number should of course be penciled.

About the N-Frame Wesson Adaptor, these is one listed for sale on another website that is used, but complete and the asking price is $675.... I wouldn't sell mine for that....

There were a few made recently as RePops and if you can locate the maker, you may be able to secure the parts you need. I would reach out to Dick Burg on the other board and maybe he can clue you in.....

Keep us posted! I for one would be interested in how this works out....

Drew

·
Registered
73 Posts

Sebago Son said:
The only pair I have ever sold was to a whiner who I just wanted to go away and I banged him $200 which he paid without quibbling because his gun needed a pair.
Drew
I'm trying to remember...did I ever buy a pair from you, Drew? :roll:

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Good one Bob!

I will try to put a photo up of the 1899 stocks soon. They are round butt, but I see no inspector marks. I bought them from a guy who seemed to be pretty sure they were 1899 Stocks, he has both 1899's and 1902's. The serial number seems to verify they are 1899 stocks.

I am probably going to try to find a buyer who needs a grip adaptor plate rather than try to put one together for me, but things could change.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

RAB said:
Sebago Son said:
The only pair I have ever sold was to a whiner who I just wanted to go away and I banged him $200 which he paid without quibbling because his gun needed a pair.
Drew
I'm trying to remember...did I ever buy a pair from you, Drew? :roll:

Bob
Brother Bob,

No Sir! I never sold you a pair. But as I recall, not long ago a pair came my way from you...

I am still deeply in your debt.

Drew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here are some photos. I tested the fit on my 1955 pre 10. They fit good for a gun made over 50 years later than the stocks.

Here is the orphan right side grip adapter plate.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts