Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. A newbie to the forum here. I am looking for a rear V-notch iron sight for my M&P15-22. I am using my rifle for the Rimfire iron sights division in Steel Challenge ( currently shooting in Master Class) and it has served me well. I have the Taccom3g ULW barrel with a Wiland FO PCC height front sight and the PCC height rear ghost ring. I had originally ordered the rear 30 degree V-notch from Wiland but they sent the ghost ring instead. When contacted about the mix up they said they would send out the V-notch but never did. I went ahead weeks later and ordered one from their website but after 45 days of Wiland not fulfilling the order I cancelled it. For reasons I won't put on a public forum I have no plans on purchasing any thing from them in the future.

So, after cutting off my nose to spite my face regarding Wiland I have been unable to find any other companies that make a V-notch rear sight. Does anyone know of where I can find a V-notch? The ghost ring and front sight do work well but being a geezer my eyesight struggles with the small apeture of the ghost ring and I feel a V-notch would allow quicker front sight focus and target aquisition. Striplin makes a FO flip up front sight that definetly sits lower than the Wiland PCC blade. So if anyone has any suggestions for a rear sight to accompany my Wiland front blade or a rear sight for the Striplin please let me know.

Thank you for your time,

GMH208

· Registered
9 Posts
Howdy all. A newbie to the forum here. I am looking for a rear V-notch iron sight for my M&P15-22. I am using my rifle for the Rimfire iron sights division in Steel Challenge
Sorry, don't know about rear sights - I am new to steel challenge and have a 15-22 - looking for some tips and info on best way to setup my gun.

Thanks, James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts