Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time you do for the rest of the week, you'll have to view a tribute to one of the most vicious gun-haters in Congress, that radical left-wing SOB John Lewis; even his death doesn't end the ass-kissing he been getting for the last 40 yrs.

Here's one of the sorry bastard's greatest accomplishments:

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
So why are you using Google?

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
731 Posts
I used to use them, but my understanding is that Google now owns them so I went to StartPage.com through Firefox

https://www.startpage.com/en/

Startpage.com - The world's most private search engine
Anonymous View

Startpage.com delivers online tools that help you to stay in control of your personal information and protect your online privacy.
Google owns duck.com which has given duckduckgo fits due to the deliberate confusion created by the "same" name.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I do not use Google products - ever. On my phone, I have uninstalled or disabled everything associated with Google. There are alternatives. I won't have anything to do with them.
you are running google now. see the padlock in the address bar? that is google secure service.
everything on the internet is controlled by google, whether you know it or not.

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
They're at least tracking everything you do on the Net............

·
Registered
87 Posts
I go a little over the top between routers ad blocking etc., cloudflare dns and vpn from local to international servers to mask my ip. Google has full access when running the Waze app on my phone but that is about it. I do try to limit my public access as much as I am able. My TVs, streaming services (Prime video is the exception), phones, Laptops, tablets etc. are always being covered by the above processes. It is not uncommon when reading articles asking me to turnoff my ad blockers so I am able to support their website CNBC is notorious but I just keep on reading and ignore their request.

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
Reactions: tjctransport

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you do, you will see a small red stop sign with ABP in the upper right of your top address bar
It's there; in fact, I got it specifically to use with this site. But I just added duckduck, though I'm not really concerned with being "tracked."

By the way, is there some law requiring search services to have such STUPID names?

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
StartPage that I use is from The Netherlands

1 - 20 of 31 Posts