Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I was excited to win this 1943 Union Switch & Signal 1911A1 on a CMP auction. I really like the way American industry pulled together to help with the war effort and guns made by non-gun manufacturers help to tell the story. I also have a Smith Corona 1903A3, an International Harvester M1 Garand, and an M1 Carbine made by the Inland Division of General Motors.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Hey Bay,

That is a real sweet piece!

Friend of mine worked there US&S, before they closed up....

Right at the intersection of Braddock & Edgewood Ave's. Used to be a WINKY'S on the opposite corner...

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi, all. I was excited to win this 1943 Union Switch & Signal 1911A1 on a CMP auction. I really like the way American industry pulled together to help with the war effort and guns made by non-gun manufacturers help to tell the story. I also have a Smith Corona 1903A3, an International Harvester M1 Garand, and an M1 Carbine made by the Inland Division of General Motors.

View attachment 498677

View attachment 498678
These bring back a lot of memories - I grew near Swissvale - and I remember the Winky's

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
These bring back a lot of memories - I grew near Swissvale - and I remember the Winky's
Hey J,

Thread drift...

To my knowledge, The Triangle is still in operation!

Bones, the owner, left it to his Nephews!

Still making the Classics! Battle Ship, Destroyer, Super Ship....Soups & Chilis....

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.