Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I ordered a mossberg mini bantam in 410 for sons 8th birthday in June off gunbroker. So I mailed a USPS money order 10 days ago; I called the seller he said that they have not received the check. I went by the post office and filed a lost form and the post office said they would contact me In a MONTH. WT BEEP a month.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Should have did a wire transfer. I'm surprised the postmaster at out local PI knows where the light switch is located at.

Reactions: Toddlars1

·
Super Moderator
19,364 Posts
Didn't you get a tracking number when you sent out the money order?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I just mailed the check with one of their envelopes. My bad!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
There's still a good chance that it will arrive. I once sent a guy a gun sized USPS money order for a rare motorcycle tank. After 2 weeks and him calling me every name you can think of including cheat, scam artist, and liar he sheepishly called me to tell me the m.o. arrived. I only asked him to look at the postmark date and then apologize.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I made a decorated holster for someone and when they were ready to pick it up they asked if I could repair one for them.
I said sure and when they picked up their new holster they dropped off the repair gig and I said instead of driving out here I will just drop it in the mail for you if you cover the shipping.

I live in East Mesa and he lived in Surprise. About a 45 minute drive .. maybe an hour tops. Would have cost more in gas than 3 bucks to mail. I am east of phoenix and he is west .. but we are not on opposite sides of AZ.

I finished it up and dropped it off at the post office.
Says it will be there in 2 days.

8 days later guy emails me .. doesnt have the holster?? I check using the tracking number and it was in Texas.

Hmmm... it was supposed to go west not east .. and why is it out of the state.

Watched it some more and it went north I think it was kansas. Then it started to circle back and stopped on the west coast well north of AZ before finally coming down and around to AZ. Longest way around to the west side of phoenix I ever saw and took 2.5 weeks!!

Reactions: Mjh

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
In my case the guy let me know in no uncertain terms that no matter what I said or promised he was selling the gas tank to someone else. I just asked that when the M. O. arrived that he check the postmark before he sent it back to me. When it did arrive he sent me the gas tank and called and apologized. This was all an ebay deal. I've also watched the tracking on an item I was expecting as it arrived at my post office, left my post office and took a ride to North Carolina, then over to Wisconsin before looping back to my post office for delivery. Don't forget that the post office is run by the government.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I never mail ANYTHING using USPS unless I send it Priority Mail. It is a bit more expensive but at least you have a tracking number.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
In my case the guy let me know in no uncertain terms that no matter what I said or promised he was selling the gas tank to someone else. I just asked that when the M. O. arrived that he check the postmark before he sent it back to me. When it did arrive he sent me the gas tank and called and apologized. This was all an ebay deal. I've also watched the tracking on an item I was expecting as it arrived at my post office, left my post office and took a ride to North Carolina, then over to Wisconsin before looping back to my post office for delivery. Don't forget that the post office is run by the government.

No, it's not run by the government. It's bankrolled by the gummit or loosely speaking bankrolled by our tax money. Very poorly managed operation.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
I never mail ANYTHING using USPS unless I send it Priority Mail. It is a bit more expensive but at least you have a tracking number.

Actually, the best and cheapest way is Overnight Guaranteed or your money back. Last 4 items I shipped that way, shipped for free because they failed to deliver 100%. I got my money back and they still delivered the stuff, but late.

In reality there is a tracking number on any parcel shipped, even parcel post (ground). Priority you can get tracking in your home computer or Ground is type the number in on the Postal website.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well lesson learned. Maybe it will get there. I have untill the 13th of June. None of my local shops said they could get, but one and they were being not nice (since we need to be nice on this form I guess all the time, that is how I will word the expression) .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts