Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a S&W M&P 10-25 … would like to upgrade to a better trigger to shoot Steel Challenge … anyone care to recommend which triggers are compatible ? if you have changed the trigger .. please disclose which one and has it improved your shooting ?

tia

·
Registered
106 Posts
Almost all triggers for the AR-15 are compatible with the 15-22, just a matter of how much you want to spend. For steel challenge I have used CMC, POF, Geissele SSP, Elftmann and KE arms SLT series in my 15-22. All are single stage around 3.5#. The fast reset is what improved my scores and the KE Arms SLT-2 feels best for "ME". The CMC comes in a close 2nd.

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
I have 4 RA-140 triggers in a few of my AR's. They are priced right, and excellent quality. I also have a Giessele SSA-E Sporting trigger on one other, and honestly I like the Rise Armament trigger groups better.

I wish you well in this adventure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I installed a Rise Armament RA-140 trigger in my S&W M&P 15-22 … after a couple of Steel Challenge matches the trigger started to have light strikes & FTF's... 2 to 3 each stage .. I checked the mags & switched ammo with same results.. Allen set screws were snug on bottom of trigger .. I also tried backing off the screws 5 degrees .. 10 degrees and 15 degrees, still experienced light strikes & FTF's... I could barely see where the cartridge was hit by the firing pin..... I clean my rifle every time i shoot it.. called Rise Armament and was told to send in the trigger for repair or replacement.. now I am out of a rifle to shoot... uggggg ... will post what Rise Armament does ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts