Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I grabbed these Enfields at an online auction. One still in the mummy wrap and the other out, but apparently unfired. They are consecutive serial numbers...UF A 15545 and 15546

This was the auction pic

And this is what I found when the rifles arrived

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey Mustang,

Wow! What a swell pair of Lee Rifles!

Don't think I've ever seen one, let alone two, in that nice of CONDITION!!

Good for you!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fine pair of rifles!
Thanks, Wendy, Layne, and 'harley

I have several other Unissued No4 MK2's, including my first No4, which I bought at a LGS years ago. I was cleaning out the safe sometime after I received my consecutive pair and noticed something about my old No4...UF A 15573-- only 27 numbers off my consecutive pair.

Maybe I'm easily amazed...but I'm somewhat amazed that these rifles, made within minutes of each other in merry olde England, less than a year after I was born , all ended up in the same safe, even though they were purchased many years apart and all the way across country from each other.

·
Registered
11,999 Posts
Those are really nice rifles. Never saw one in like new condition before. I kinda wish I had picked up a couple Mosin Nagants about 10 years back when you could get a decent one for $79 and a "Select" grade one for $99. Now when you see them they are around $300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts