Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time posting on this forum, so bear with me if something isn't phrased correctly. I have this amazing pair of Model 39 pistols that I am considering re-homing to a more passionate collector than myself. I came across them a few years ago, but I am not a huge collector of weapons that should never be fired, and these beauties should not ever be fired.

One is a Model 39, and the other is a Model 39-2 with the improved extractor, which came after the 39 had issues when fielded by police departments in Illinois. Under sustained fire it would jam, so it was improved. As a pair these two make an amazing display or discussion piece, especially if you have a Gov model 1911 and/or a Walther PPK, which were the mom and dad to these twins born in the 1950s.

Both Pistols are unfired, mint condition, with the original cosmoline still in the nooks and crannies. No rust anywhere, and fully functional. They live in my safe and are rarely handled. Each one has a single magazine.

I don't classify them as NIB only because there is no box included. They are however, pristine.

Price: Man it is hard to set a fair price for such a unique pair. I believe $1500 is fair, but I am willing to hear offers. I will also consider partial trades for either a 12g shotgun, or a .308 bolt action. However, my main motivation for letting them go is the cash.

I live in Columbus, Georgia. Local pick ups welcome for Military or CCW, or buyer covers appropriate shipping and FFL costs.
More Pictures available upon request, I didn't realize it would only let me post 5 in the thread.

TL/DR: Model 39, Model 39-2, Columbus Georgia, $1500 obo. (Will not split up)
[email protected]

IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you decide to break up the pair
I know....
I know.....

Please let me know
I can buy the 39 in Kommiefornistan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 39-2 would be ok shooting, but I have been told the 39 may not be hardy enough to handle modern ammo. In the case of these two I have left them unfired as to maintain the condition and value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will consider partial trades for either a 12g shotgun, or a .308 bolt action. However, my main motivation for letting them go is the cash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy to work with an FFL transfer, it just means the buyer will incur a little extra cost. I'm sure that's not uncommon for bigger ticket collector items

1 - 10 of 10 Posts