Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out doing the guy window shopping thing with a bud at a few of our favorite gun shops and came across a good find. They had a nice model 686 in clean, tight condition. I have to admit that I called earlier in the week and was told that they 'might have' a 686, so I decided to get it and told them so at the time. The price was right ($450.00) and it is now mine (I'll post pix soon). My buddy is really PO'd at me for what he calls snaking it from him, but it was in my hands first and I have the ability to make up my mind immediately - so I did. This new addition gives me goosebumps - can't wait till next week to pick it up!

Now, can you all help me with ID'ing the date from the SN that is written on my receipt? I have the S&W 'Bible', but can't find the SN series of this 686 anywhere. Assuming that the dealer wrote it correctly, here is what the SN could be:
ABS26XX or possibly HBS26XX. There is also a product # of 2348XX. I'd appreciate any help you can give on this mystery. Maybe it's me - just have CRS! hpzl;n;

Thanks,

RR

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
RR,

so any chance of pics?? I'd bet the "abs" pre-fix is the proper serial #. Check the sn in the cylinder yolk area and get that then we can get a close year.

You can always call S&W 800 331 0852 they can give you the best date of mfg.

You have a fine 357 that will shoot for years with full power loads, have fun!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice. That reminds me that I need to add an L frame to the collection. I can't believe I still have that hole....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts