Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Tusa cops were shot about 3:30 this a.m. Both are still alive and in critical condition. Last report
they were both still in surgey. No ID yet. The wifes niece is married to a veteran Tulsa officer who always works the night shift. Hope for the best for these guys.
Cliff

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
It's reached a point that if you live in a largeish city, violence has become the norm. Police should not be expected to put their lives on the line when the cards are stacked against you - both at home and on the job. They need to stand down and turn over their responsibilities to social workers. Without the fear of consequences, the situation will only get worse. The small towns are a whole different matter - totally different class of people. Another factor is that in the smaller communities, the unwashed know that the pushback from citizens will not be pretty. The cities need that pushback in the worse way.

·
Super Moderator
31,858 Posts
The shock now with all the attacks on LEOs from the left, media, politicians and more than a few citizens is how many LEOs especially in large cities are still dedicated and have no just said: I have had enough and am walking away to take care of myself and my family...let the animals take you all because you deserve it...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The shock now with all the attacks on LEOs from the left, media, politicians and more than a few citizens is how many LEOs especially in large cities are still dedicated and have no just said: I have had enough and am walking away to take care of myself and my family...let the animals take you all because you deserve it...
Its a tough gig to give up in some places. NYC starts PO's at about $43,000 last I checked and it goes to over $85,000 after about 5 years. Many in the NYPD are making better than $125,000 a year and there is a VERY generous retirement package just after 20 years. This all with no more than a High School Diploma.

Ignoring the current idiocy and the fact that even in normal times I think its a crappy job and am glad someone wants to do it ... its a high paying good gig when looking at Salary, benefits and retirement package. Hard to just walk away if you didn't prepare to do anything else.

I hope the proposed budget cuts dont hit the ones that decided to stay because then you may see a draining and that would be awful.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
A year ago, there were 40,000 unfilled police vacancies in the US. I wonder what it will be by the end of this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts