Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Ever seen a grown man cry.... :)

I would put that gun up to the highest level of your collection, Bill...
Truly outstanding. I love your S&W 44 Magnum's but if you were to ever give me a choice of any gun in your wonderful collection, that Sir, would be the one.....

Giz

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giz...I have always considered my Ruger 44s to be equal to my S&W 44s. Each has a unique quality about it.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
That gun certainly begs asking some questions....The earliest guns were typically "somebody guns"...

And yet that one waited 7 months to be shipped. There has to be a story associated with it. Did you ever find out anything about that one's history?

Giz

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giz....I have a list of Subscription Guns. I will check and see if 33 is listed. I also have the Super Blackhawk and will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Bill

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
That is one wonderful gun. Everyone that you post is wonderful. Just keep posting. Thank you for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Holy cow!! I just drooled on my keyboard!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bill,
A dandy gun!
I often wonder how much different the .44 Blackhawk might have turned out had Bill Ruger stuck with the top-quality, beautifully-grained grips.
While functional, the later 'straight-grain' walnuts sure lacked panache!
Same story with the first SBH's...great grips and case.
Evidentally, the price-point was more important, and hey...Ruger sold tons, didn't they?
Don
;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very Nice Bill. I am pretty sure Serial # 34 was just sold to a collector out here in the west. they would make a great pair

Dan

G

·
0 Posts
Doc44 said:
Dan...They would make a great pair ;) .

Bill
Two subscription guns, with one set having the consecutative numbered gun....

Yeah, I'd say that would be pretty nice..... :mrgreen:

Giz

·
Registered
402 Posts
Once again, Doc's guns and photo skills shine through. Does anyone know how to get the drool out of the keyboard while looking at his guns?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts