Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Two confiscation pieces.

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  nosaintsfanatic 
#1 ·
I picked up these two today. The 38-2 came from Gainesville and the 19-4 came from San Angelo. The 38 is in great shape but the 19 might have been stored in a wet tool box full of files and rusted wood screws in the back of a truck with no shocks that traveled down a road full of speed bumps everyday. Mechanically it's fine. It came with the ugliest Pachmayr's and was missing the grip pin so the grip kept sliding down I replaced it already. At least I got back to buying Smith's again. James

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That 19 don't look too beat up. Send it to me, I'll drag through the sand and bounce it off some basalt. You folks in East Texas don't know what "beat up" means. That's okay, though, I'll learn ya. ;)

So, what do you mean by "confiscation pieces?" That sounds interesting.

#6 ·
QC, the distributor I got these from sell police confiscation and trade ins. It was on the tags as what they were and where they came from. I had not been there since 1993 they had quite a selection at very affordable prices.

#7 ·
Years back we used to get letters from the city police (Lafayette, LA) about being able to bid on a lot of confiscated weapons. You could only bid on the whole lot & of course it was sealed bids with the highest bidder getting the lot. I remember us winning a few times. Of course there were the usual POS's, but there were also some nice guns (S&W's, Ruger's, etc.). Of course they stopped doing that a few years ago. Now I think they do the politically correct thing & destroy all of them. nbvoALO

Chris

#8 ·
The beauty of a gun like that, as long as it functions well, is that you can take it camping/whatever and not need to baby it. I have a 27-2 that is pretty rough on the outside and it gets to go everywhere. Consequently I get to enjoy it more often. While there is a lot to be said in favor of the mint safe queen, I do like shooting them. Anyway your 19 isn't all THAT bad. How do you suppose it got that particular wear pattern?

#11 ·
Longarm, onenut could be right. It is almost nick free on the frame it just seems to be on the barrel. It could have been dropped or thrown but the rear sights are almost perfect. 29WG it will make a great fishing buddy with the 38 shotshells.

#12 ·
nosaintsfanatic said:
Of course they stopped doing that a few years ago. Now I think they do the politically correct thing & destroy all of them. nbvoALO

Chris
Chris that is sad, it's not the gun's fault if it was used in a crime. We need to open a rehab/adoption center for guns that have a criminal history. You know get them into good homes where they will be loved and appreciated. James

#13 ·
Jamn 44 said:
nosaintsfanatic said:
Of course they stopped doing that a few years ago. Now I think they do the politically correct thing & destroy all of them. nbvoALO

Chris
Chris that is sad, it's not the gun's fault if it was used in a crime. We need to open a rehab/adoption center for guns that have a criminal history. You know get them into good homes where they will be loved and appreciated. James
I agree James.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.