Discussion Starter #1
Success! BTW,I'm the old one on the left. l;nfPNFIw

My two biggest admirers. :mrgreen:

f.t.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Hey Bobby!

Spin 'em around so's we can see the beards!

I had 42 in the backyard early this AM under the feeders.... Sniping one of the Toms would have been soooooo easy...... I was tempted, but didn't....

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Very nice!! A few more weeks until it opens here!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
onenut58 said:
Wow one of these days I would like to hunt turkeys. How many are you allowed to kill?
It depends on each county,but the season limit statewide is 5. I'll probably just go and call for the rest of the season. I no longer feel the "need" to kill my limit. I get as much,or more,pleasure out of calling one in for someone else.
f.t.

·
Administrator
8,129 Posts
ft,
If you're gonna post pics of yourself, you're gonna have to change your online name...

We can all see that it just don't apply anymore!.. (if it ever did)

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
From Fat Tom to Turkey Tom!!! Is that your left or mine??? ;) :lol: Bob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice turkey! Is it really sunny and you have green grass there?? We still have over a foot of snow in the yard!!!

I'm ready for some global warming. :lol: :lol:

John

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was 79 yesterday,everything in bloom. Will be 51 in the a.m. when we hit the woods,warming to 75 by lunch.The low Wednesday will be 30. That's SC weather for you. Goodbye to my azaleas. l;gmna; l;gmna;

·
Registered
417 Posts
Very nice, Bobby, a trophy turkey and two great looking admirers! Ah, your life is good. Congrats.
Steve

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
May I assume that this was taken BEFORE the season opened? We have 'em walking around the clubhouse yard in Feb. and March,but come April 1st,it's like they vanish into thin air. Or should I say deep woods?
f.t.

p.s. Beautiful,ain't they?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Bobby,

very cool! I have a flock running around down in my woods but I don't hunt them. I do enjoy watch 'em when they come up by the yard or if I'm walking around out back.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nframe said:
Bobby,

very cool! I have a flock running around down in my woods but I don't hunt them. I do enjoy watch 'em when they come up by the yard or if I'm walking around out back.

Have gun,will travel! :mrgreen:
f.t.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
fat tom said:
Nframe said:
Bobby,

Have gun,will travel! :mrgreen:
f.t.

Ha! I suppose thats fair since you invited me to hunt deer. :D

I'm off camping till Sunday, nice to have wifi here at camp!!!

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
fat tom said:
May I assume that this was taken BEFORE the season opened? We have 'em walking around the clubhouse yard in Feb. and March,but come April 1st,it's like they vanish into thin air. Or should I say deep woods?
f.t.

p.s. Beautiful,ain't they?
Taken March 18th, 2005. I don't know what the hunting season is here. Not many people hunt turkeys around here. They do disappear for a time in the Spring, but I take that to be because they are nesting. When they reappear, they have broods with them.

We still have them strolling through from time to time, but never again have there been this many at one time in our driveway. Not too unusual to see 1-2 dozen driving through the neighborhood, however.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jack D said:
Not many people hunt turkeys around here.

Must be nice livin' in Heaven! ;)
f.t.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts