Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the gun shows are starting to get going again in Iowa, since the Covid shut them down in mid March, I attended one about 2 weeks ago. I have a thing for Model 19-4,s, mainly because they were the last K frame pinned and recessed. I owned, before the show, two 19-4,s a blued 2 1/2 and a blued 6". I also have a 66-1 2 1/2", the stainless version of a 19-4. A dealer at the show, in his case of no box ,papers or tools guns, had a Nickel 19-4 2 1/2" and right beside it a 19-4 blued 4". He was asking 750 for each. This dealer I have dealt with before, he is the one who I purchased my 6" 19-4 from 2 and a quarter years ago. Also two Model 17,s. The 4 inch while having the normal turn line and very minor muzzle wear also had a bank vault lockup with no side play and very little end shake. I got this one for $675. The nickel snub was not as tight but not excessive wear. It was a little dull but a light session with some Mothers mag polish cleaned it up nicely. I got this one for $665. The SCSW puts the blue 4"serial 63k9xxx as 1980 and the nickel snub serial 91k3xxx as very late 1980 or very early 1981.I am happy with what I paid and now have blued 2 1/2,4 and 6 inch Model 19-4 s and blued 19-4, nickel 19-4 and 66-1 stainless 2 1/2 " snubs. Will try to post pics of these latest purchases.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
View attachment 473917 View attachment 473917
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of my other K frame snubs for those who are interested. A 66-1 and blued 19-4. Thanks for the offer Hank (45acp230) but the 66-1 has sentimental value as it was used by the PD were I was a reserve officer for 30 years. In 1981 the PD switched from Model 15,s to the 66-1,s. They ordered 10 4" and 2 of the 2 1/2" snubs, one for the chief and one for the detective ,small rural Iowa county seat town. In the early nineties , when the wonder nine craze hit LE, we reserves were issued the 66,s and the regular officers went with 9,s. In the late nineties, the reserves were authorized to carry our own private purchase 9,s subject to dept approval. The 66,s were offered to the officers for $200 a gun via a lottery drawing. Luck of the draw but I got this one. The blue one came from the estate of a fellow reserve officer and good friend.

·
Registered
30,089 Posts
Congrats on obtaining some fine revolvers. I have a 4" 19-4 Commemorative and need to get it to the range as I bought it to shoot. Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts