Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea I know..why bother.

Because I can practice a LOT more often with my 43C.. (or whatever 22LR) with no hearing protection and no over penetration of the back stop on whatever target.No, they won’t cycle an autoloader but they will manually feed perfectly. Practice makes perfect!!

Reasonably priced at 10 cents a round and no pumping or CO2 cylinders. Plus, shoot the actual .22LR firearm that you normally can use “hot” ammo. Point of aim is about the same up to about 30 feet. Beyond that, aim higher. Good accuracy and consistent. Eject easily. No messy fingers handling rounds....no residual powder. I don't think they have any powder..

Not cheap as .22 plinkin ammo..but for those times when I need to squeeze off a few...with discretion, perfect. Goes through about 2-3 layers of aluminum flashing, loose. Not much pellet deformation. Sticks in most wood under 15 feet.

We can’t have those “evil silencers” in this state so this is as close to quiet as I can get with a firearm and no device.

Silly that every vehicle needs a muffler but not allowed on firearms.Oh that’s right,only assassins use silencers. Hollywood!

I just ordered more from a company that will deliver to Ma without fear. Thank God some will!

·
Super Moderator
19,532 Posts
You are correct, they use no gunpowder. The primers are pretty hot, and put out enough power to make them dangerous. They're great for squirrels and rabbits out to about 25 yards. With my suppressor they're super quiet. I can shoot them all day long and my neighbors would never hear a shot.
Enjoy your new found treasure.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Two questions:
1) How loud (or quiet) are they? Compared to a "regular" air gun? About the same? Twice as loud? Three times?
2) How expensive are they? You said they are not as cheap as plinking ammo, but are they a lot more expensive?
I wouldn't mind trying them if they are reasonably priced and quiet enough. I could set up a little 30' shooting gallery in my shop.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I found some at my local Sportsman's Warehouse for 11 cents apiece ($5.50 per box).
Kinda spendy, but they look like they'd be fun in my M34-1 or my M43, or even my little Rossi M80.
Thanks for the tip, I may go pick up a box or two.

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,997 Posts
my SIL used to pop the targets in the back yard with these using the base Henry lever rifle.. i lived one house away and couldnt hear it from my deck..

·
Registered
15,124 Posts
I ave the .22 conversion for my Kimber 45 ACP that I shoot all the time. Very cheap date and fun too. Makes about as much noise as a lawnmower does.

Reactions: bearcat6

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These Colibris are pretty much noiseless, smokeless and particle free. I first shot them in an enclosed area and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of report. From my snubby 43C, they have about the same level of noise as hands clapping. I get them from United Nations Ammo for $50/500...so 10 cents a round. Love my new 43C pellet gun! Just got to remember to refill it with Stingers after I'm done playing. Would not want to count on a pellet gun for much more than silly fun..:)

·
Super Moderator
33,336 Posts
Looks like a great and fine way to get more practice in!

·
Registered
15,268 Posts
Just beware of any local laws as regards shooting a firearm where you live. I have my RWS 34 .177 rifle and it can have a nice loud crack as the pellet breaks the sound barrier plus that SPROING sound form the spring, BUT it is legal in my backyard

·
Registered
311 Posts
Another method would be to seat a 22 pellet at the front of the chamber and then use a .22 blank for power. The cheapest .22 blanks I know of are the ones for the Ramset nail gun. Unfortunately, they are a bit loud in a handgun but not so bad in a rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts