Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you prefer vibrating or rotary and why?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have an RCBS vibrating type. Pretty cheesy, it works. Barely, I think. I would pounce on the opportunity to upgrade. Its one of the things I am always keeping an eye open for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used an RCBS tumbler for almost 25 years with great success. I use ground corn cob or ground walnut shells depending on the job. With the tumblers vast capacity, I can use net bags and combine different batches of brass without a problem. I do not have any experience with a vibratory cleaner.

Derryl

·
Administrator
8,453 Posts
I've always used a tumbler too.

I've tried different media but have settled on brown rice. I also put a squirt of car polish in with the rice.

Works well..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Dom
I have used a lot of tumblers through the years. And these cheaper ones work as good as any. I have the cabelas 400 one. And it works fine. It came with some reloading odds and ends I purchased. I have been using it ever since. I like the clear lid you can see what is going on inside the tumbler.
You do not need to spend a lot of money on a tumbler. Here's a link

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0012554212869a.shtml

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have had both styles and both have worked equally well. I currently use a large Lyman that has a port and is self emptying it works great.

I use a dry corn cob media as treated material can build up in the case.

Len

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I bought an RCBS Vibratory case cleaner in the early 1980's. About 10 years ago the motor burned out and RCBS replaced the entire unit free of charge, postage paid.

Perhaps not as fast or as large as a Tumber type, but I'm pretty satisfied....

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
I use a Dillon vibe type. Have had it for over 15 years without a problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts