Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My grandfather past away and I inherited all of his pistols and rifles. I have a old .38 CTG with a 4 inch barrel. The serial number is C214394. Does anyone have any idea when this was produced. It’s definitely seen it’s share of holster time as it has some wear, but all in all it’s full functional and a solid piece of hardware. My grandfather was a police officer all of his life and he bought this probably ten years ago. He told me at the time he loved these models and it was a sense of nostalgia that made him buy it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Wood Revolver Household hardware Hardwood Auto part
Hand Finger Audio equipment Camera accessory Cameras & optics

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! My condolences on your loss. You have a .38 Military & Police revolver from the early 1950's...perhaps 1951. In 1957 when S&W implemented model numbers, it would become the Model 10. This revolver was a staple for law enforcement for decades. No wonder your grandfather was nostalgic about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! My condolences on your loss. You have a .38 Military & Police revolver from the early 1950's...perhaps 1951. In 1957 when S&W implemented model numbers, it would become the Model 10. This revolver was a staple for law enforcement for decades. No wonder your grandfather was nostalgic about it.
Thank you for your help sir.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Its hard to nail down a date on these older ones, but Guy is probably right about 1951
Guy is ALWAYS right about this stuff which is why he is so valuable around here.;)

Reactions: 45acp230
1 - 8 of 8 Posts