Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to identify these grips, as they feature the key elements I look for: no finger grooves, exposed backstrap, but with meat on the forestrap and bottom. I asked the owner, who replied, "While I am not exactly sure, these grips are often referred to as Smith & Wesson 'target grips' which I have always found strange, since they are not the large like traditional target grips."

pix032382326.jpg

pix264401064.jpg

pix859005120.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've heard them called target stocks and banana grips.

I have a checkered set on my 3" 66.

If you ever want to sell those...let me know. Been looking for a pair for my 2.5" 686-1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, ones like those on your 3" are not readily available? That's too bad. Those in my OP almost look like they've been worked on; I thought maybe the guy had cut them down and smoothed them himself, but apparently not.

I've tried the Ahrends banana grips, and they're not bad, I guess, but I'm still looking for a better fit.

·
Registered
755 Posts
K Frame Round Butt Target Grips. They were standard on the 9MM Model 547 and sold in "blister packs" by S&W dealers.

When my agency went to Model 13, three inch, round butt revolvers in the mid 1980's we specified these grips be fitted from the factory. For me, with small hands, they are the perfect grips.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
The grips in the first post look to me to be modified square butt target grips. They resemble the factory version of k-frame round butt target grips but they are not factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts