Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,583 Posts
I have never seen one set up like that from the factory but any Mil-spec butt stock for AR rifles will fit
No it won't.......Mil spec A! or A2 stocks have a ROUND hole where the buffer tube goes. 15-22 buffer tube is integeral with the lower witha GROOVE on the bottom for the adj. stock........If you routed a bottom groove in an A1 or A2 stock you could glue it on or pin it on............15-22 NEVER came with nothing but the collapsible.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
No it won't.......Mil spec A! or A2 stocks have a ROUND hole where the buffer tube goes. 15-22 buffer tube is integeral with the lower witha GROOVE on the bottom for the adj. stock........If you routed a bottom groove in an A1 or A2 stock you could glue it on or pin it on............15-22 NEVER came with nothing but the collapsible.
I should have said most any mil-spec adjustable stock should fit

· Banned
9,316 Posts
Right. Highlighted is the issue.

A lot of folks simply don't understand the differences between the two platforms. Not everything is interchangeable.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Right. Highlighted is the issue.

A lot of folks simply don't understand the differences between the two platforms. Not everything is interchangeable.
You can however change the butt stock to most of the adjustable ones on the market. I have done it. Magpul, Strike Industries & a Hogue overmolded all fit my 15-22 with no problem. I may not understand all of the differences between the 2 platforms, but I know what has worked for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.