Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
A pic description and the first few digits of the serial number and some when can help you. Also all models after a certain point have their # printed on the frame when you open up the cylinder.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Trying to figure out model and date of manufacturing of a 357
You'll have to try just a little harder. That's like me asking you what year Firebird I used to own. We need a bit more info than simply the caliber as S&W has made dozens of 357 models. Is it blued, nickel or stainless steel? Is it a 5 or a 6 shot? Adjustable sights or fixed? Barrel length? and as was said the serial number off the butt of the gun is needed for an age

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
The S&W .357 Magnum was introduced in 1935 and is still produced in various models. So it's age is some where between brand new and 85 years old. Hope that helpd 😁

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the forum and finding it a bit hard to Navigate . I am trying to find out year of Manufacture of a 642 .38 airweight I am buying . serial #DLH1998. any help would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
I am new to the forum and finding it a bit hard to Navigate . I am trying to find out year of Manufacture of a 642 .38 airweight I am buying . serial #DLH1998. any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Likely 2008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts