Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the 3" revolver barrel length better than any other. That includes J, K, L, and N frame Smith & Wesson revolvers. I just wish that there were more available.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Jim,
Tere's something about Centennials and Bodyguards that really appeals to me.
Never had one, but I sure do like 'em!
;)
Don

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Odd how tastes change..... when I first started collecting S&W in the early 1970's the longer the barrel the better..... you were really somebody if you had an 8 3/8" ANYTHING...... If you couldn't get one of these, you would settle for a 6 1/2" gun. 4" Guns went unsold. Even 29's which were very had to find then..... In fact, my first S&W was a Model 10 and I passed up the 4" guns then available to get a 6".... I lugged that monster around with me everywhere and was proud to do so....

Today, I rarely field anything longer than a 4", and I find that selling a 6 or 6 1/2" Smith, let alone an 8 3/8", for the same price as a 4" to be a real challenge.

·
Registered
828 Posts
A 3" Bodyguard? I'm impressed. I've thought about having one of those made up, but never got to it.

David

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Today, I rarely field anything longer than a 4", and I find that selling a 6 or 6 1/2" Smith, let alone an 8 3/8", for the same price as a 4" to be a real challenge.

So true, just go to GB or a gunshow. You can find much better deals on the long barrels.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm a little partial to 3" also.
32 SA 1 1/2

36-6

Pre 27

24-3

Well some are 3 1/2".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts