Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our S&W Shield 9mm we removed the OEM sights (non night set) and replaced with a TruGlo Tritium Pro set. What I like about the sights starting with the front sight there is a larger white ring around the Tritium insert better for picking up the front sight with ambient lighting. The rear sight has a U-notch as opposed to a rectangular opening thus quicker sight alignment. The Tritium inserts are smaller on the rear sight also the rear sight surface facing the front sight is tapered top to bottom which gives a hook edge surface for emergence one hand slide manipulation.

The sight set comes with a twelve year manufactures warranty, and there is a $15.00 rebate from the manufacture until the end of December. I liked the sights enough to order a additional set. The sights are suitable for mounting on either or Shield and or MP series pistols. I ordered the sight set from Amazon at the seventy some odd dollars with sales tax.

· Registered
40,575 Posts
I have the TruGlo tritium BIG DOT front sight for my model 360 and I love it. Would recommend for ANY style of handgun. Especially those with aging eyes like mine!:)

Reactions: dennis40xnc

· Registered
39 Posts
Right now I'm carrying a Performance Center Ported .40 S&W Shield. It wasn't too long before I decided the Hiviz fiber optic sight that it came with were cool looking, as long as the light was good, BUT too many evil deed-doers prefer to do their evil deeds in darker situations. That's not so cool. So after a bit of study, I found and purchased a set of Ameriglo Spartan Tactical Tritium Night Sights, (Orange/Green SW-456). The front tritium capsule is surrounded by a very visible circle of florescent orange material. Easy to see, even in lower light levels, and if it's really dark, the center glows. Seems to be a satisfactory answer to this common problem. Right now I'm waiting through the CA 10 day wait period, for a 9mm PC Ported Shield, which I will also equip with another set of the same description Ameriglo Spartan Tactical Tritium Night Sights. I like that BIG front sight for fast response. Nice guns.

· Registered
1 Posts
Right now I'm carrying a Performance Center Ported .40 S&W Shield. It wasn't too long before I decided the Hiviz fiber optic sight that it came with were cool looking, as long as the light was good, BUT too many evil deed-doers prefer to do their evil deeds in darker situations. That's not so cool. So after a bit of study, I found and purchased a set of Ameriglo Spartan Tactical Tritium Night Sights, (Orange/Green SW-456). The front tritium capsule is surrounded by a very visible circle of florescent orange material. Easy to see, even in lower light levels, and if it's really dark, the center glows. Seems to be a satisfactory answer to this common problem. Right now I'm waiting through the CA 10 day wait period, for a 9mm PC Ported Shield, which I will also equip with another set of the same description Ameriglo Spartan Tactical Tritium Night Sights. I like that BIG front sight for fast response. Nice guns.
Un believable Bears kill people ! Speak softly and carry a big bear gun always !

· Registered
131 Posts
jaaeatax,
Those sights won't be as easy on your M&P as with your Glock, but not really that difficult with a press. M&P sights are easy compared to stubborn Springfield XD sights.

If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area (have no idea why any sane person would), I can install your M&P sights and mechanically zero them for you. I doubt charge anything for forum members in good standing.

· Registered
131 Posts
I'm a fan of the Truglo Tritium Pro's for the same reasons as dennis40xnc, but I usually opt for the orange front sight. I have them on my M&P Bodyguard and I've installed them on some co-workers M&P Shields and Bodyguards.

I'm a bigger fan of the Night Fision perfect dots and Trijicon XD's. All for the same reasons as the OP and for their higher quality (unfortunately they have a higher price to go with it).

One set of sights I'm interested in getting a first hand look at is the XS R3D night sights. I've installed well over 100 night sights, but never a set of R3D's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts