Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Long story short, my Smith and Wesson TRR8 is having an issue with the tactical rail SCREWS.
They wouldn’t come out (probably overtightened) and I think the heads of the screws became a bit stripped while un-mounting the tactical rail. Both top and bottom.

Are there REPLACEMENT SCREWS for this kind of issue? Or do I need to contact the S&W performance center directly? Any advice would help, thanks!

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
The tactical rail screws are lock-tited in place. If they are stripped then they will probably have to be re tapped . Performance Center guns have a full warranty. . Sounds like a trip to the mother ship If i were you ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tactical rail screws are lock-tited in place. If they are stripped then they will probably have to be re tapped . Performance Center guns have a full warranty. . Sounds like a trip to the mother ship If i were you ...
Thankfully I got the screws out just fine, the HEADS of the screws are what are damaged, not the gun and threads THANK GOD. Wondering about possibilities of replacement screws

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.