Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ret. NYPD Model 64 has a serial # with an AUD prefix. I have gotten only a few guesses from the gun shop. Could someone please find my serial number
#AUD05xx, and give me an idea please? I believe the Leo served until the early 90s iirc? Thanks!

·
Registered
26,021 Posts
The 64 NY-1 was issued between 1987 and 1993 when they switched to 9mm. I am sorry, I cannot find your prefix of AUD

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! I have it as 1987. Our tables don't specifically list AUD, but do list AUC and AUK in 1987.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
My 686 is a no dash with AUD prefix. The -1 variant was released in 1986, so my AUD 686 had to be made before that so I still think AUD is 1985 or 86 before the change to dash 1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all; mine is also a no dash so mid 80’s is close enough. Now I wonder who badge 1080 was... a search for a later date.
It definitely had duty use, though just the usual light scratches and a couple tiny dings, character marks I call them. but inside had been well taken care of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.