Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windy this weekend and the lake is super high, so rather than try to fish, I went mushroom hunting. Found 14 morels. Not a big mess by any stretch, but enough for the redhead and I to have for supper tomorrow night. It's still early, so several of these were the early gray variety, but about half were nice big yellow ones. I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday it will really take off, but I'll be at work. Hopefully I can find some more next weekend. What's really cool is to catch a limit of walleye in the morning, and find a mess of 'shrooms in the afternoon. That makes some serious good eating!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other folks down at the lake always ask "where did you find them?". "Out in the woods". "Are there snakes?". "Yep".
I don't have too much competition as long as I can keep the myth alive! I would poach 'shrooms out of the Rose Garden at the White House if I thought there were any in there!

·
Registered
19,570 Posts
I roasted some Chestnuts that I collected one fall. I ended up going to the doctors, with food poisoning!!! Not the right kind....apparently. lkhjg;a:roll: Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts