Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Trio of former enemies

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
#1 ·
A pair of 1911’s, a Luger, and a Beretta. The nicer 1911 belongs to my son. It was his grandfather’s. The other 1911 is one I’m trying to help for a friend. It appears on the “ warhorse” thread. The Luger and Beretta are WWII bring backs via my son’s grandfather. Thought it would be interesting to have them all in one picture.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Air gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

See less See more
#5 ·
Too many GI's shot themselves with Lugers in the movies. I've always stayed away from them because of that.

#6 ·
Hey 230,

Regular .........."FAB FOUR"!

Good for you and your son.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Thewelshm
#7 ·
Cool pic, My Uncle, who fought in Europe, to include the Battle of the Bulge, brought back a Luger and his 1911. I remember seeing them as a kid. When he passed they disappeared because his kids didn’t like guns....

#9 ·
Bet they liked em enough to make some $ out of them? your true anti would destroy them...

thewelshm

#8 ·
I am glad that you are preserving those relics from your families past. I never got anything cool from my family as they weren't interested in firearms even as souvenirs. OTOH, I love them and have managed to acquire a few of the various combatant's guns. Thankfully my son is as interested in them as I am and he will inherit the hoard when I am done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.