Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pair of 1911’s, a Luger, and a Beretta. The nicer 1911 belongs to my son. It was his grandfather’s. The other 1911 is one I’m trying to help for a friend. It appears on the “ warhorse” thread. The Luger and Beretta are WWII bring backs via my son’s grandfather. Thought it would be interesting to have them all in one picture.

41D968B1-9E77-4517-A94B-7D6FC9B5E061.jpeg
227B1C73-85EB-482C-AAB9-AD4F69D8C008.jpeg
57044A9F-59F3-42CA-AEA1-6340A38BEC26.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
My dad was going to bring back a Luger but got rid of it before he boarded the ship home.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are fun to shoot! Used to see’um all the time in the movies, not so much now. The sights aren’t good, the 1911 only marginally better. Hank

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Too many GI's shot themselves with Lugers in the movies. I've always stayed away from them because of that.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Hey 230,

Regular .........."FAB FOUR"!

Good for you and your son.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Cool pic, My Uncle, who fought in Europe, to include the Battle of the Bulge, brought back a Luger and his 1911. I remember seeing them as a kid. When he passed they disappeared because his kids didn’t like guns....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am glad that you are preserving those relics from your families past. I never got anything cool from my family as they weren't interested in firearms even as souvenirs. OTOH, I love them and have managed to acquire a few of the various combatant's guns. Thankfully my son is as interested in them as I am and he will inherit the hoard when I am done.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Cool pic, My Uncle, who fought in Europe, to include the Battle of the Bulge, brought back a Luger and his 1911. I remember seeing them as a kid. When he passed they disappeared because his kids didn’t like guns....
Bet they liked em enough to make some $ out of them? your true anti would destroy them...

thewelshm

·
Super Moderator
33,380 Posts
Fine to see those old pistols!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts