Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Never figured out why anyone needs fancy sights on a hand gun, especially night sights. If you are going to use it for anything other than plinking, you'll never use them anyway.

Only revolver I have and sort of optic on is my 44 because I hunt with it. Everything else has conventional sight blades front and rear.

I consider all of them as nothing more than a gimmick.
LOL! Actually I might agree with you a tad bit on any plinking gun, fancy sights are overkill. However in this case the S&W 325NG Night Guard has long been discontinued and the few that come up for sale are a bit pricey. Almost every Night Guard I've seen for sale has different sights installed, some Trijicon, few fiber optics, one that I saw for sale had a gold bead. Like the Smith & Wesson guy said, these NGs came originally with the OEM XS night sights.

I like original in my guns, woman and beer...so my 325NG gets a XS sight re-installed..

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thought I would give the final status on this crusade. I spoke with a gentleman over at XS Sights and came up with the solution for the front sight replacing the Trijicon dead one on my 325ng. The XS rep was kind enough to explain the points of this 0.180 inch high sight. Now I'll let my gunsmith friend do his work and I'll have a fully functional and good looking Night Guard revolver.
Standard Dot Revolver Front Sight - Smith & Wesson

· Registered
23,709 Posts
I normally don't comment abut stuff I don't own (I will never own anything Trijicon) anyway. They sell overpriced, mostly imported from Chine stuff and repackage it. I know all about them. They are located just north of me. You can do a lot better for a lot less. My only comment, take it or leave it.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I normally don't comment abut stuff I don't own (I will never own anything Trijicon) anyway. They sell overpriced, mostly imported from Chine stuff and repackage it. I know all about them. They are located just north of me. You can do a lot better for a lot less. My only comment, take it or leave it.
I hope you understood that I am removing a dead Trijicon sight and replacing with a different brand altogether, right?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, I'm glad you got squared away to your satisfaction!
well, sorta. That takes care of one of my 325NG revolvers, I have two more that need the sights replaced with XS. I always thought tritium vial night sights were supposed to last for 8 to 10 years. Doesn't seem that way. But seems that this worked out well!

· Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone on here know how I adjust my front site on the trijicon version. I bought this revolver new years ago and took it out shooting a few days ago and love the feel of this gun. I was shooting tight groups but at 20 yards I’m shooting 8” left. My father shot it as well , I thought it was me. It was not he had the same results. Thank you in advance for any input.

· Registered
23,709 Posts
I have one on my Kimber but rarely turn it on except when practicing. The issue with a laser is, if you are in a defensive situation your target can see exactly where you are.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts