Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much difference is there between the trigger on the Shield (striker fired) vs the Shield EZ9 (regular double action).

I am always surprised at how well beginners shoot the Shield and I think part of it is the trigger. The Shield's only draw back is the strength it takes to rack the action. Seems like the Shield EZ9 would be perfect IF the triggers compare.

Can you, who have experience with both, compare the triggers?

Thank you

Bill

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
The 9EZ is a single action hammer fired pistol. My .380 and 9mm EZs have better triggers than my Shield 2.0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are saying the EZ trigger length of pull and pounds of pull are about the same as the Shield or less? Thank you.

Bill

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I don't concern myself too much about pull weight. A clean break , nice reset , and consistency are my major considerations. To me , lighter is not always better. My Shield may be just one with a less than ideal trigger but the two EZs have triggers that I like better. My Shield is trade material.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I do not have a Shield, but do have both an EZ in .380 and an M&P .22 compact. The triggers on both of those guns are pretty much the same - right around 6 pounds on my trigger gauge. I have read that the Shield trigger is 8 pounds or slightly heavier, but have no personal experience. Perhaps someone with a Shield in whatever specified caliber can measure the trigger pull and post it here. ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Shields all ran between 6 and 7 lbs on the Lyman, so about the same as the EZ, BUT as described by Rcope, since all that the trigger on the EZ is doing is releasing the sear, it is a crisper pull. The Shield has to finish cocking the striker, albeit only about 5-10% more, but that gives it a little more of a staged travel to the break. The Shield would be considered a double action trigger because of this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The 9EZ is a single action hammer fired pistol.
That was something that I didn't know until a few days ago. In my defense, I have a 9mm Shield from the Performance Center that I really, really like so I was never interested in the EZ. At the LGS I handled both the Shield and the PC Shield and I much preferred the trigger on the PC model.

A few days ago I was talking to a friend who had just got the 9mm EZ. I said to him that it was one of those guns that I didn't really see a whole lot of point to since I already had a Shield. That's when he gave me an education. I got to fondle it and dry fire it a few times. I stand corrected. I liked it. The trigger is different but easily as good as my PC Shield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts