Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had S & W do a trigger job on my 325 Thunder Ranch (.45 ACP).

The trigger is nice and smooth, but the reset is not that crisp. You basically have to fully let go of the trigger to get the gun to reset. If you have ANY trigger finger pressure at all on the trigger, it will "mash" on the second shot and then you have to physically push the trigger forward to get it to reset.

I am shooting this in IDPA, so obviously this is a non-starter.

I know I could just send the gun back to S & W, but I have a match this weekend.

Any quick fixes for this? I admit to being revolver illiterate.

·
Registered
753 Posts
S&W did the job and didn't check their work? ohijgan

Ok this is what you need to do. First visit the FAQ in the smithing section and look at the notes so you can pull off the side plate.

I'd recommend adding oil like Break Free CLP and pour it in around the rebound slide, and a few drops where the action works and on the hammer / trigger studs.

Put the side plate back on and dry fire it some, this might fix it.

If not you will need to replace the rebound spring to something heavier then what their using. You might have to order a 14-15 LB spring and change it.

Good luck with it, let us know if it improves.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
It might be a simple fix.........Is the main spring screw, located at the front of the grip frame, tight??? Often, it is loosened to give you a light trigger pull. THIS is the wrong way to do a trigger job!!!! kubvcabo
It should always be tight!!!! Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts