Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband bought this gun for me and I am having trouble with my finger sliding from the tip to toward the knuckle, which is throwing my aim off.

The hammer is internal, so its somewhat difficult for me to pull. I pull it half way, then aim and shoot. Is there any type of rubberized product that i can put on the trigger to help it stay in place on my finger? Some type of coating like the stuff they spray in truck beds or come on phone buttons now?

I do pretty well with getting most shots center mast, but takes about 3 rounds to get there due to this trigger problem.

Any tips would greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
You may want to take it to a gun smith and have him smooth up the action and lighten your trigger pull.There is a lot said about what part of your finger to use when you pull a trigger. I have always used the first knuckle in my finger and have tried many different ways. The main thing is to make sure your not pulling the gun off target. The size of your grips and hands have a lot to do with it also sometimes your grips are to large or small.
I dont know of any thing besides serating your trigger or changing to a wider or narrower trigger. Trigger shoes are not something I would go with. But others in here may have some better suggestions.
From what your saying it sounds to me like your trigger pull is a little heavy for you.
I am posting a link for you that realy doesnt address your problem specificly but does cover pulling your trigger properly and other very good imformation on shooting.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2869065/U-S-A ... hip-Guide-

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
My Guess is that you have a S&W Model 40, 640, 642, 442 or some other pattern of the "Centennial" Hammer-Less J-Frame .38.

If that is so, you could very easily swap out the trigger for a "grooved" type. Smith & Wesson has used both smooth and grooved for the J-Frames in days passed.

Drew

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
A lot depends upon the correct grip while shooting. My wife tends to squeeze the grip while pulling the trigger. It pulls your shots to the left.

Having the correct grips on the gun helps alot. Also, you may have to learn to isolate the trigger finger, so that is the only finger that moves, when you fire the gun. Bob

·
Registered
753 Posts
If it's a new gun, most of them have heavy triggers. Have someone give it a trigger job.
If your handy it will cost you 10 bucks in parts and about 30 minutes to do.

Also, like mentioned a good grip will aid her in proper trigger control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts