Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a model 3 from a gun store out of the old antique case nobody pays any mind to. I wasn’t really paying attention to what else was inside it but today I went back to take a look and there are some great guns in there. There’s a 2nd model 1 several model 1.5s a model 2 army. I realize condition is everything when looking at these old guns. I handled the model 2 and it perfectly functioned. The finish has some wear and pitting but it’s a very low serial number and around 650 and it was the highest marked S&W in the case. What are the going rates for guns like these in functioning order but maybe cosmetically challenged? I know this is a broad question and it’s hard to nail down with out looking at them. The only real metric I have to measure value for these is gunnsinternational and they are all over the map. The store has another location a couple towns over with a similar condition model 2 army marked 1400. I have the catalog but only the third edition. What do you guys think about these old models? They don’t have the same ruggedness and gunfighter appeal of the model 3 but they are a cool look into a far bygone era. I’d also love to see pics and hear thoughts of any in your collections!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
A lot of them are surprisingly inexpensive. Finish challenged guns (not rare models) are mostly in the $100- $300 range.

SCSW has pretty good ballpark pricing.

Would you believe I got this for $600- with the original box?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
.38 S&W. :)

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
A lot of them are surprisingly inexpensive. Finish challenged guns (not rare models) are mostly in the $100- $300 range.

SCSW has pretty good ballpark pricing.

Would you believe I got this for $600- with the original box?

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
enjoy it in good health mate.. looks like ton of fun...

thewelshm

Reactions: delcrossv
1 - 10 of 10 Posts