Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,721 Posts
I would advise you to check the web for the laws, but I know the blade can't be more than 4 inch's and switchblades and gravity knives are illegal. Basically if it looks like a weapon the city cops will consider it illegal.

I carry a Leatherman on my belt all the time without a problem in the city.

· Super Moderator
7,721 Posts
Jamn 44 said:
Thanks guys, I was thinking about picking up one of those folding box cutters with the disposable blades. Just in case they say it's not a tool.
Just bring a nice sturdy pocket knife with a blade not longer than 4 inches and you are good to go. The city is not a bad as some people think, be aware of your surroundings and go places where there are a lot of people.

· Super Moderator
7,721 Posts
Yes I would agree, people seem to have sticky fingers. The rest of NY, like out east and upstate is a different world. There are farms and small towns with people with good old fashion values. Many of the farm stands just have a box and let you take what you want and leave the money and no one would think of stealing it. It's a shame all of NY gets labeled because of the city.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.