Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shoot with my two shooting buddies, and also when our women's group meets, I string up empty 1/2 gallon or gallon plastic bottles on twine, hanging between the target stands. (You can use smaller bottles, depending on the capabilities of the shooters.) I usually use two bottles, spaced evenly, between each target stand. For people who are not advanced enough to do any moving and shooting, this is some reactive target fun. And for people who do move and shoot it is even more fun. And the targets are free!

I was looking at an empty gallon size bleach bottle that I had shot on the move. Caliber: .380. It is fairly sturdy plastic. The entry holes were perfectly round, as were the jagged exit holes, but what was interesting to me is that every one of the exit holes was higher on the other side of the bottle than the entrance hole was: Higher by about 3/4 - 1 inch. I was not knowingly shooting "up hill" and was about 7 yards away - give or take a yard or so. Time between shots was medium fast (whatever that is).

I didn't think that a bullet trajectory would raise that much in the space of one bleach bottle. Anyone have any ideas. other than that the bottle might have been hanging at a slight angle? They do hang at a slight tilt sideways because of where I put the hole(s) for the twine, but they look like they are hanging straight up and down.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts