Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bore scope for Christmas. Dang! That was an eye opener.

Hector

Reactions: nmshieldshooter

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Barrel with lead. Gotta keep working on this one. And to be fair, it was a used gun and I think a lot of that was there when I got it.

WIN_20191228_19_57_16_Pro.jpg

Different barrel with no lead. This is my dad's Winchester 69A that was made in 1940, and I've been shooting it for 60 years or more.

WIN_20191228_19_06_37_Pro.jpg

Hector

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Cool! Hopefully its portable enough to take to say...a gun show. Might be a good way to know just what you're getting.
We have a couple at work that I would like to use. However, they frown on both loaning tools and bringing firearms into a defense plant. Just plain narrow-minded if you ask me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Teslong bore scope - about $50 on Amazon - and it plugs into my laptop. Windows 10 recognizes it as a camera so you can look at it live on the monitor. Obviously you take photos just like you would with the computer's built in camera. As far as the device goes, it just looks like a couple of cables that hook together, plug into the USB port and draw power from the computer. So portability is more a matter of the computer to which it's attached.

There is an app that can be downloaded for viewing on a tablet or cell phone, but the reviews are somewhat scary as some people have complained that the app ruined the camera on the phone.

Hector

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
SAlways maintain every gun owner needs one. You cannot properly ascertain if a tube is clean and free of copper or lead fouling without one. Also good for checking your re;loading die bores and non gun trlated stuff like looking down sparkplug holes into your engine cylinders or inside a wall for electrical wires, the uses are endless.

I have 2. A Gradient Lens Hawkeye which is super expensive ($800.00+) and a cheap Harbor Frights digital with a color monitor ($59/00)/ Both work well.

Hector... Next time you go to buy a gun (used), take it along. You'll be amazed how much of a price drop ypu can get when you see the bore is all buggered up and fouled and show the owner. Quite a leverage tool when it comes to used gun purchases.

·
Registered
22,276 Posts
Cool item! A useful tool when inspecting/working on firearms.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts