Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded up 5 or 6 enbloc clips of .308 (38.7gr of IMR4895 pushing the 168gr Hornaday match) headed to the range and had a M1 Blast. Surprised myself with my older eyes...consistently hit the steel plate at 200yds....(on sandbags) LOL...
Next.....I can see what happens at prone and shooting off knees !!
It's makes a wonderful day to be able to get a couple of buddies and hit the shooting range !!

file-81.jpeg

·
Premium Member
11,437 Posts
Doesn't get much better than that; shooting off the M-1 at a range.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Being left handed I was never much of a fan of the M1 rifle. At Parris Island we qualified with the M14 then at Camp Geiger ITR (Infantry Training Regiment) back to the M1 that were basically shot out or on the verge there of. Near the end of my enlistment 3Rd Bn 8Th Marines at Gitmo trained sailors in the use of the M1 rifle which had been converted to 7.62mm NATO. My CMP M1 was a Winchester square cut (think of the rounded slot in the receiver for the OP rod handle made so to reduce machining time) that was re-barreled by LMR.

·
Registered
21,127 Posts
Glad you had a great time at the range, especially with shooting such a fine weapon. :cool:

Reactions: paulwv and jeepnut

·
Registered
17,001 Posts
Great day with Buddies at the range and icing is the "Old Girl" can still make you look good and smile.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Great day with Buddies at the range and icing is the "Old Girl" can still make you look good and smile.
Do not know about the looking good part Rodney, but both of my M1's make me smile......great rifles and such a joy to shoot.
The bad part of it is that I do not shoot them enough and that has to change ...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All
M1 Garand that I put together. Ringing the gongs at 500 meters. Takes a while for bullet to get there and the sound to come back. Heavy armor steel gong has a nice ring to it..
I have some pics of looking down range, but I can't find that file this morning. Just imagine looking at 800 yards of flat, bare desert with a couple gongs at various ranges.
[email protected]

View attachment 396787
Wow !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts