Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spring Break for the kids around here from School. Grandson wanted me to take him fishing. Well fishng conditions not good so I asked him if he wanted to go shoot. Sounded good to him. He is 11 years old and has never fired a firearm....
Grabbed my Ruger MKII Government. Off to the range. Gave him a little bit of instruction and that boy pleasantly surprised me. He was shooting 7yds off hand and done a might fine job (Probably should have put this in Armory)

Then Lunch !!!

GREAT TIME........New Shooting partner,,,,

·
Registered
19,491 Posts
Better encourage him as the 'shooting world' is shrinking rapidly. Nice kid and I don't like kids as a rule.

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
Smart kid - PEPPER................lol; good job grandpa. Did that with my grandson when I had a chance to have him come visit when he was 6 - he turns 17 today and haven't seen him since -and it went a lot like yours and he had fun.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
My #2 son has introduced his daughter to shooting. She's hunting squirrels with a .22 Marlin or Savage. I don't remember which. They live out of state. Hoping to join them on a hunt soon.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Congrats mate quality time...

thewelshm

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
Some great memories being made there. I did same with my grandson, now 17 and competitive shooting. No matter caost I am glad I am the one teaching, supporting him (with us all), and spending the time with him. Another advantage is that he wants all my guns so at least know they will not go to waste. You might be in same boat. 😀😀

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Hey Paul,

Great times.....

Not to nitpick, get him wearing safety glasses!

Later, Mark

1 - 20 of 25 Posts