Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
I bought Barb that pistol right after they were reintroduced some years ago. A while after that, we were in a gun shop and she saw a Henry 22 rifle. I had to buy her one. You know, to go with the Bearcat.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I've always wanted a Bearcat! :)

Ruger's Single Six was generally patterned after the Colt SAA - with mods. and improvements, but have you ever noticed that the Bearcat was patterned more along the lines of Remington's single action revolvers? Check that out!

Most ladies love their .22s! On the rare occasions Mrs. xtm goes shooting, she makes certain there are several .22s in the firearms pile.

She knows better, but I once heard her refer to her M1 Carbine as "the loud .22"!

xtm

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
It's resemblance to the 1890 Remigton was on purpose. I suppose that's one reason I like it {besides being small and more accurate than I am}. The initial reason for buying the Bearcat was it's size. Barb does not quite make it to 4' 10" standing flat footed and her hands are very small. Perfect for her.
As for the 'loud 22' look at this
http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/wmmj57mm.html
There is also some information around for using plastic sabots to load 22 caliber bullets in a 30 carbine case that produces 2,000+ FPS from the factory carbine barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts