Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to thin the herd at a local gun show today but temptation reared it's ugly head and I caved. AMT AUTOMAG II in .22WMR. I know nothing about these but it just feels like a nice solid gun. Anybody know anything about these or what they are worth. Sorry for the quickie photo. I'll try to post some better ones tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Hey Mark,

Well played!

Should serve you quite well!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
24,561 Posts
Very nice! Please let us know how it shoots for you.:cool:

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just sold one for an estate. $599 no questions asked. I guess they are one of the only 22 mag pistols that work.
I think there was 3 different versions of these. The early ones were jam-o-matics. Not sure if the later ones were much better.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Trying to thin the herd at a local gun show today but temptation reared it's ugly head and I caved. AMT AUTOMAG II in .22WMR. I know nothing about these but it just feels like a nice solid gun. Anybody know anything about these or what they are worth. Sorry for the quickie photo. I'll try to post some better ones tomorrow.
someone set those grip screws perfectly...

thewelshm

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I think there was 3 different versions of these. The early ones were jam-o-matics. Not sure if the later ones were much better.
I don’t know for sure. I don’t know much about them. I do know that the person who bought it was very excited to get it. I thought about buying it myself but I already have 4 revolvers capable of shooting the 22 mag that I don’t shoot. I didn’t figure I needed one more.

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
I had one made in Covina California, one of the older models (and traded away in a weak moment). They are very nice, accurate and fun. I have a copy of the manual if you want to PM me your email can send PDF. The jamming comes from dirt in the Breech.There are small symmetrical pinholes that use the gasses from the fired cartridge that help eject the spent casing. If those get dirty then it starts jamming. I would clean after each outing and use alcohol on a Q-tip and swab out. Never did put any oil in this area of the breech and worked great. I believe only one other manufacturer before AMT started and the AMT is solid and well built.

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Good advice from Jeepnut. Only thing I'd add is about ammo. I read these were designed to work best with Win super X with a 40 grain bullet. It worked with mine.
Cliff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts