Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed this Shotgun on a site to sell here in Georgia. So I had two old revolvers (beater types) and decided I could part with one. Well the Shotgun is a Browning A5 made in 1934 with the 20 inch barrel and my offer was a S&W Lemon Squeezer that is rough but functioned perfectly and I had 175.00 in it (also threw in a box of ammo, 38S&W). So we met up and he liked the old Smith and the old A5 is a little rough but functions perfectly. The Browning does take the 2 9/16 inch shells but I have some 2 1/2 that should work fine. I am glad we were both very happy with the trade. I am cleaning up the A5 and when weather gets better plan an outing.

This is my Trade

This is the Browning A5 I adopted

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Do reloading supplies.....for shotguns..........count as ENABLING POINTS? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
26,022 Posts
So does RST; they carry all lengths and gauges.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
..If everyone happy then all is good...
I agree, yet the Browning A5 is a famous gun designed by John Browning himself...

I'd keep it stock. This one is rare and needs care.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
I had noticed this Shotgun on a site to sell here in Georgia. So I had two old revolvers (beater types) and decided I could part with one. Well the Shotgun is a Browning A5 made in 1934 with the 20 inch barrel and my offer was a S&W Lemon Squeezer that is rough but functioned perfectly and I had 175.00 in it (also threw in a box of ammo, 38S&W). So we met up and he liked the old Smith and the old A5 is a little rough but functions perfectly. The Browning does take the 2 9/16 inch shells but I have some 2 1/2 that should work fine. I am glad we were both very happy with the trade. I am cleaning up the A5 and when weather gets better plan an outing.

This is my Trade
View attachment 497080

This is the Browning A5 I adopted
View attachment 497081
View attachment 497082
Are going to sleep soundly tonight mate:)? I think I can hear sirens in the distance..:)

thewelshm

thewelshm

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree, yet the Browning A5 is a famous gun designed by John Browning himself...

I'd keep it stock. This one is rare and needs care.
Got some 2 1/2 shells coming. No modifications just a good cleaning and TLC.

·
Registered
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
During cleaning and looking at it I think of the stories too. Kinda wondered if was maybe issued as security service or Police as was shorter barrel but well before WWII and before WWI,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.