Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
Yeah... I recently started labeling the ammo cans, and reviewed all their contents.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I have a lot of stuff in ammo cans so printed up labels for mine. One has AR15 mags, one has 15-22 mags, one for mini-14 mags, and another couple for primers, then the various cans of ammo are labeled for caliber. Bullets are all under my reloading bench and I have 2 partitioned shelves for powder above the ammo cans

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
A friend of mine suggested when I started reloading to write down all the data on a sheet of paper and the date and include it with the ammo. Really glad I followed his advice.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Today I found in my bullet inventory (2) 30Cal cans full of 230Gr 45ACP-FMJ, (1) can full of 225Gr FP (Cast) and (1) can full of 200Gr-FMJ SWC. At midpoint in my seventh decade memory is what it is. I need to write information down in a bill of material format. :oops:
I hope you have enough primers for all those boolets! Otherwise, go shopping for a good slingshot!

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you have enough primers for all those boolets! Otherwise, go shopping for a good slingshot!
Primers are not a problem at this point. With out a physical count, I can't honestly say I have enough primers for all those bullets but the primers I have are in the multiple thousands. :) We have 10Lbs of W231 and 5+Lbs of AutoComp powder

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a much better handle on the component inventory after doing a hand count. Basically we are going to reload 45ACP, 9X19mm and 44Spl/Mag in limited number batches ( 45ACP-250Rds - 9X19mm- 500Rds and 44Spl/Mag-100 Rds. The days of reloading rifle are over, I've stopped shooting competitively. Reloading is and was never a hobby with me but rather and inconvenient necessity. This binge reloading of thousand plus rounds at a time, it just isn't in me anymore. This latest crisis we are in I can get thru with a moderation of shooting consumption. We have a stockpile of commercial which is a reserve I'd rather not use unless absolutely I have to.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Today I found in my bullet inventory (2) 30Cal cans full of 230Gr 45ACP-FMJ, (1) can full of 225Gr FP (Cast) and (1) can full of 200Gr-FMJ SWC. At midpoint in my seventh decade memory is what it is. I need to write information down in a bill of material format. :oops:
Closing in on the 3/4 century mark myself, so I know how you feel. A few weeks ago I pretty much turned my house upside down looking for some .308 brass. A couple of days after I gave up, I found them in ammo boxes right next to my reloading bench. :rolleyes:

Hector

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.