Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very late 5" M&P with a serial number just over the time when they went to the new short action and the 4 line address. Mine has the one liner and the long action. Getting closer to the new "C" series, it is # S- 991735. This goes to show, again, none of their guns were shipped or numbered in order.
This revolver also came in its original, numbered, gold box. Big Larry
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
That is a beauty. The closest I can get to yours is S9440xx. It is a 6" barreled one. Original stocks but some fool sanded them smooth.

it shipped 11/47.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I think the 5" barrel length was more popular during the pre WWII years. Seems like most of the early M&Ps I see are 5" guns., both the 38 and 32-20 versions.

Joh

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Commonly called "transitional" models. I have a couple of .44 specials that way that need pictures taken of them.

·
Registered
30,038 Posts
Nice example. If I had to choose a revolver with a longer barrel the 5" would be my pick. The barrel length on this particular revolver really balances out how the firearm looks. Thanks for sharing the pic.😎

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will letter mine soon. I have slowed down on my letters at a cost of $100. Thanks for the info. I wonder if anyone on this forum has a higher number than mine? Maybe it would have a 4 line address and short throw action. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I no longer do the Blue Forum. Made a small error and they made a big deal out of it. Thanks, Big Larry
Really? How shocking mate.....:)

thewelshm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts