Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reloaded a 150 240 grain 44Magnum....I feel better now:)

thewelshm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
A buddy of mine reloads 9 mm for friends. Best we can do right now on primers is 0.20 and bullets at .16 that equals that's $18 a box not including brass and powder. He had plenty of powder so far and picks up brass. He sells his scrap brass and says the price is at an all time high. No components are available locally and usual sources all indicate components are on back order.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I reloaded a 150 240 grain 44Magnum....I feel better now:)
The way things are going, I think that even those of us (like moi) who have no love for reloading are going to be forced into it (or forced back into it in my case). :( Now, recognize that I never really had the time for it during my working career and I certainly didn't have the space for a proper set-up either. But now it is quickly becoming a matter of survival if Dementia Joe's handlers get their way. So like everyone else, I'm keeping an eye open for primers... hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. :whistle:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thewelshm good job. It is a nice feeling to have loaded ammo on hand and not have to worry about buying at current market prices. And your bench looks like you prefer Hornady brand equipment. Good stuff there. I lean RCBS but nothing wrong with Hornady. JA
My Single stage is a 1973 RCBS Jr 3, love it..

thewelshm

·
Registered
19,383 Posts
My Single stage is a 1973 RCBS Jr 3, love it..

thewelshm
Little hint Paul..

If you want it to last forever and the ram to never get sloppy, add a couple of grease zerks, one in each side of the ram, about midway up the base casting. and give them a shot about every 6 months. Did that to both my Redding T8 and the Rockchucker.

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
19,383 Posts
I was told I screwed up when I sold a friend 1000 ,223's for 50 cents each. Was told I should have sold them for at least 95 cents each....lol

Now the person I sold them to was a good longtime friend. Anyone else would have been a lot more.

.223's at the LGS are a buck a pop, 2 boxes max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts