Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop has a Tisas M45 carry model, the short slide version. It's imported by Zenith. It looks nice, has a good feel to it. The price is reasonable. I'm just not very familiar with these. Most of what I've seen online was written about full sized models. This one has a less then 4" barrel, the slide does not have the traditional bushing. The only Youtube video I found with a similar model was marked as a Regent.
Any Tisas owners out there want to give me a heads up on these. This will just be a plinker for me. I don't shoot competitions, but I would like to carry it, if it's a reliable handgun.
TIA

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
From what I've read about the Tisas , it is on par with the quality of the Rock Island Armory 1911s which are very good. I have two RIA compacts and both work well.
Most 1911s based on the Officers Model use the bushingless barrel. The only difference is the method of field stripping.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The model I looked at isn't but I think they have full sized models that are.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tisas and SDS have really come in hot on the scene since the Rona. Supply shortages apparently did not effect them like it did everyone else. From what I hear, both brands are pretty solid but I have no first hand knowledge. Can't be any worse than some of the stuff I have been getting from Springfield and Kimber lately. I bought 10 since Feb. There has been a 50/50 chance they will run out of the box without having to send them back.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought a NIB full size Tisas Government Model 1911 .45 a few months back. I have about 350 rounds of ball ammo thru it with no issues. Mine has a greyish, green finish, which I read was supposed to be Cerokote instead of parkerized. I was very impressed by the quality of build for such a low price ($400). I can find no machine marks on it anywhere, inside or out, the frame to slide fit has NO movement at all, and the trigger is very good at 4 1/2 pounds. Also, the slide, frame, and barrel are hammer forged, not cast. Seems like a well built gun. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts