Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the summer emptying cases waiting for cooler weather and it’s finally here! Today I’m prepping my little stash of 2500 45acp cases for loading, and about 1000 357s. Tomorrow I’ll start on the 45s using 200 gr fmj SWC Bullets over Hodgdon CFE powder. Works well in both my 625s and 1911s. For the 357 I’m going with 158 gr rn fp polymer coated Bullets and 231. These are for my Model 19s and 28 as well as a couple lever guns.
That batch ought to see me through the winter until the spring reloading season!
Oh, yes. I use a Dillon Square Deal B for these marathons.
Next week I’ll stuff some 110 gr jhp and maybe some 150 gr match hp for 30-06.
Looking forward to lots of nice days this winter!
How do y’all prepare for winter?

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Go to bed early, get up at dawn, tend the fire in the stove and generally do nothing. My reloading room is air conditioned so I can load anytime I want to.

IMO, Dillon has nice cheese cake calendar gals but press wise and die wise, don't impress me.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can’t speak to any Dillon presses other than thecSquare Deal I bought in1986. Every few years I send it back for an overhaul and am only out one-way shipping. Good warranty. I also have a Forester single-stage press with Redding, Rcbs, and other dies fo the ‘06 and 32 swl, among others. Must be nice to have ac in your loading room!

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
I reload year around, but do more of it in the winter. I loaded 250 rounds of 38 special this week and need to do at least another 250

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
I reload as needed and is in nice cool area, and no distractions. Dogs lay around protecting me.

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
When it dips down below 90 I reload..:)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I'll continue to stockpile components for the assured ammo shortages. Once cold weather gets here, I'll replace what I've shot during the summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts