Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying the Hipoint carbine last week I figured my 9mm consumption might increase. I was really surprised to find that Midway not only had 9mm Berry's bullets in stock but that the 250 count boxes were on sale and made it $30 cheaper to buy 4 of them instead of a 1k count box. So yesterday and today I cranked up the All American and primed 1k cases. Hope to get them all loaded tomorrow. My cost on these will be 14 cents/round.
Bottle Insect Ingredient Dish Cuisine

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yup 1000 rounds takes me a while to load as well. Another single stage loader here.
You are correct about 9mm being in demand. My Ruger PC carbine eats me out of house and home when it comes to 9mm's. Until then my carry gun, and some practice time, did not demand much ammo.

I have slowed down, on 9mm's the last year or so, as I am not as deep in primers for small pistols as I would like to be... I'm saving what S P primers for my 38's right now.
Also transitioning over to 45 ACP's as well, to take the strain off my S P primer supplies.

·
Premium Member
13,716 Posts
Ah... shiny primed brass. A thing of great beauty and potential demanding patience, focus and attention.

14 cents a round? Heck - it's priceless...

I've dealt with these people multiple times, with very good results. For future reference:

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
274 Posts
I load 500 at a time or more. Once I get everything set up it goes pretty fast on my Hornady AP press. I size and prime first and then just run them through powder thrower bullet feeder, bullet die and crimp. I have a light on the press and look at the powder in each one as it gets to the bullet feeder.

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Must be contiguous I just ordered 1000 .223 OFMB cases from Capital Reloading and 1000 Hornady 55 grain spire point's from Arm and Ally. I've had very good luck with Capital and shipping is free. Same with the boolets. Of course I'll have to deprime them and give them a bath in wet media, then anneal the case mouths, FL resize, prime and load them.

Usually have about 10 or 15 cull cases but they overship 10% so it all works out. Used to buy my OFM brass from Widners but last time I did, the cases were really bad and had dented necks plus they shorted me 30. I'm done with them

I really should by a 6000 piece case of the 55 grain pills but I don't have quite enough jack laying around.

Went upstairs and looked. I have 2500 .308 cases, all Lapua, All sized, annealed and primed, ready to load, way more than I'll ever use. Think while I'm waiting, I'll load up some Starline 460's with Hornady 452 pills. Have gobs of propellant and cases of primers. I use a Redding T8 turret press and deprime on a Rockchucker.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Also check out X-Treme plated Bullets. They are comparable to Berry’s but I think a little bit cheaper. They also have a heavy plated version good to a higher velocity (1500 maybe?). You won’t get close to that I’m sure. The box of 115 grain Berry’s I have says they are good to 1250. You may get there or above out of your carbine length barrel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts