Smith And Wesson Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Back in the late 70's I thought the Python was the best looking revolver out there. I still think they are nice but the grip angle looks awkward compared to the other 2. The S&W looks more modern than the Colt

·
Super Moderator
10,816 Posts
For me, it’s the Smith. You can rule the Ruger out from the get go. Never have I seen a Ruger double action revolver that I thought looked right. Single action, sure. The Colt is elegant but I don’t like the aesthetic of the vent rib barrel on a revolver.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Smith for me, but the Python is classic..

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Since this has resurfaced, and since in the time since I replied earlier, I have purchased a "new" Python, I thought I'd toss out a few more thoughts.

First, I haven't changed my mind. The Python is still the best looking revolver of the bunch. Even my 2020 model, in stainless steel is beautiful. A lot of people don't seem to like the grips on these guns, but I do. They're not as pretty as the old Python grips, but they're better for shooting. Call that part a draw.

I would of course prefer it to be in blue. I think we all like blue steel, but until Colt brings them back, I'll be quite happy to spend an evening wiping down and waxing my white Python.

Followed by one of several Smith and Wesson's of course. :)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts