Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I’m on the S&W forum but asking what you guys think anyhow. On looks alone which one do you find most appealing?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Have owned three Pythons and about 10 L-frames. Much prefer the L-frame both for looks and use. Never was greatly attracted to the Ruger. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Smith -O-vich and Wesson-O vinski.. The Polish Target Model L Frame is my choice every time !!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ruger on toughness and the Smith for looks, reliability and preference.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
You know, I just glanced at them not trying to pick out manufacturer or anything else besides pure looks. I came down for the Smith, then the Colt, then the Ruger. I made my choice THEN figured out who made what.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
On looks alone which one do you find most appealing?
Sorry , can't do it on looks alone. Besides they all have full lugs which loses it for me.
Colts always look clunky but the Python is perhaps the least clunky.
S&W looks good , till you get to the unnecessary lunky barrel.
Many consider the GP as homely. I do not, no better no worse than the rest . At least it has the cool changeable front sight.

So ,,,,appealing ??????
Not enough information provided. nvonjvila
6 inch guns really have but one purpose.
So I need to see a 50 yard target from all three, then a 100 yard target from the best two.
Then I'll have an opinion.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,660 Posts
Based on first impression of looks, the Colt and S&W are tied. Based on which one I would buy, the Colt, then the S&W, and then the Ruger. I own Colt, S&W, Ruger, and Uberti revolvers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts